ADO.NET ExecuteNonQuery in OleDbCommand Object
ExecuteNonQuery() is one of the most frequently used method in OleDbCommand Object and is used for executing statements that do not return result set. ExecuteNonQuery() performs Data Definition tasks as well as Data Manipulation tasks also. The Data Definition tasks like creating Stored Procedures and Views perform by ExecuteNonQuery() . Also Data Manipulation tasks like Insert , Update and Delete perform by ExecuteNonQuery().
The following example shows how to use the method ExecuteNonQuery() through OleDbCommand Object.
connetionString = "Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source = Your mdb filename;"
sql = "Your SQL Statement Here"
You have to replace the string with your realtime variables.
- ADO.NET Connection Object
- ADO.NET SQL Server Connection
- ADO.NET OLEDB Connection
- ADO.NET ODBC Connection
- ADO.NET Command
- ADO.NET ExecuteNonQuery in SqlCommand Object
- ADO.NET ExecuteScalar in SqlCommand Object
- ADO.NET ExecuteScalar in OleDbCommand Object
- ADO.NET ExecuteReader in SqlCommand Object
- ADO.NET ExecuteReader in OleDbCommand Object
- How to ADO.NET DataReader
- How to ADO.NET SqlDataReader
- How to ADO.NET OleDbDataReader
- How to Multiple Result Sets in ADO.NET
- Getting Schema Informations from SqlDataReader
- Getting Schema Informations from OleDbDataReader
- What is DataAdapter
- What is SqlDataAdapter
- What is OleDbDataAdapter
- Vb.NET ExecuteReader and ExecuteNonQuery