What is SqlDataAdapter
SqlDataAdapter is a part of the ADO.NET Data Provider and it resides in the System.Data.SqlClient namespace. SqlDataAdapter provides the communication between the Dataset and the SQL database. We can use SqlDataAdapter Object in combination with Dataset Object.
The SqlDataAdapter Object and DataSet objects are combine to perform both data access and data manipulation operations in the SQL Server Database. When the user perform the SQL operations like Select , Insert etc. in the data containing in the Dataset Object , it won't directly affect the Database, until the user invoke the Update method in the SqlDataAdapter.
connetionString = "Data Source=ServerName;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User ID=UserName;Password=Password"
sql = "Select * from product"
You have to replace the string with your realtime variables.
- ADO.NET Connection Object
- ADO.NET SQL Server Connection
- ADO.NET OLEDB Connection
- ADO.NET ODBC Connection
- ADO.NET Command
- ADO.NET ExecuteNonQuery in SqlCommand Object
- ADO.NET ExecuteNonQuery in OleDbCommand Object
- ADO.NET ExecuteScalar in SqlCommand Object
- ADO.NET ExecuteScalar in OleDbCommand Object
- ADO.NET ExecuteReader in SqlCommand Object
- ADO.NET ExecuteReader in OleDbCommand Object
- How to ADO.NET DataReader
- How to ADO.NET SqlDataReader
- How to ADO.NET OleDbDataReader
- How to Multiple Result Sets in ADO.NET
- Getting Schema Informations from SqlDataReader
- Getting Schema Informations from OleDbDataReader
- What is DataAdapter
- What is OleDbDataAdapter
- Vb.NET ExecuteReader and ExecuteNonQuery