VB.NET Chat Server Program
Multithreaded Socket Programming is the basic idea behind a TCP Chat Server communication. In the previous section Multithreaded Socket Programming we can see a Multithreaded Server Socket Program communicate with more than one Client at the same time . But there the communication is happening only between Server to Client or Client to Server , there is no communication between Client to Client . In a Multithreaded Chat Server , a Client can communicate with any number of Clients , currently connected on the Chat Server .
Each Clients send messages to Server and the Server broadcast the message to all Clients currently connected to the Chat Server . From the following diagram you can see how a VB.NET TCP Chat Server is handling communication between Client to Client .
The VB.NET Multithreaded Chat Server program has two sections.
1. Chat Server
2. Chat Client
Download Chat Server Program .
How to run Chat Server program ?
After create the Chat Server and Chat Client , run the Server program first and then run the Client program . In the Client program Enter a Chat name and click the " Connect to Server " button . Then you can see the message in the Server program User Joined Chat Room . Similarly you can connect more than one Clients at the same time and start chatting each other. It is better to Compile and Build the program and run from the .exe files .
- How to send email from VB.NET
- VB.NET Send email using CDOSYS
- How to find IP Address of Host
- How to read a URL Content
- VB.NET Socket Programming
- VB.NET Server Socket Program
- VB.NET Client Socket Program
- VB.NET MultiThreaded Socket Programming
- VB.NET MultiThreaded Server Socket Programming
- VB.NET MultiThreaded Client Socket Programming
- VB.NET Chat Server
- VB.NET Chat Client
- VB.NET Email Attachment
- How to VB.Net Web Browser