How to deploy Crystal Reports on Clinet Machine
Crystal Reports for Visual Studio ships with your deployment projects that enable you to deploy Crystal Reports components and assemblies on the target machine. We can use different approaches to install Crystal Reports runtime files on the target machine .
If you are using Visual Studio then during your setup and deployment you can add the CRRedist2005_x86.msi file to your setup file and distribute it as a single setup file . The installer can execute the setup file automatically with your .Net Project in a single click. You can find the CRRedist2005_x86.msi file in your system's C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages\CrystalReports . Also you can distribute the CRRedist2005_x86.msi separately and install it on the target machine.
The other way to install Crystal Reports on target machine is to create a setup file using Merge Modules and distribute it with your application or as a separate setup file. Click the following link to see how to make a setup file with Merge Modules.
- Sample Database and tables for Crystal Reports tutorials
- Step by Step help for creating a simple Crystal Reports in VB.NET
- VB.NET Crystal Reports from multiple tables
- VB.NET Crystal Reports String parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Integer parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Date parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Report Load Dynamically
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Formula Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Summary Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to PDF
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to Excel
- Email a Crystal Reports from VB.NET
- Crystal Reports Without Database
- Crystal Report from SQL Query String
- Dynamic Crystal Reports from SQL Query String
- Crystal Reports from XML File
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports with Link
- How to create Crystal Reports installer using Merge Modules