Email a Crystal Reports from VB.NET
For Email a Crystal Reports , we have to export the Crystal Reports in any of the File Format available in Crystal Reports and then Email it.
All Crystal Reports programming samples in this tutorials is based on the following database (crystaldb) . Please take a look at the database structure before you start this tutorial - Click here to see Database Structure .
After export the Crystal Reports as a PDF file , the next step is to email that file . For that here we are using System.Web.Mail . We have to provide the necessary information to configuring SmtpMail client and send the exported file as attachment .
Select the default form (Form1.vb) you created in VB.NET and drag two buttons (Button1, Button2 ) and CrystalReportViewer control to your form.
Select Form's source code view and import the following :
- Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
- Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared
- Imports System.Web.Mail
Put the following source code in the button click events
cryRpt.Load("PUT CRYSTAL REPORT PATH HERE\CrystalReport1.rpt")
The Crystal Report is in your project location, there you can see CrystalReport1.rpt . So give the full path name of report here.
Before you run this programme , you have to provide the necessary SMTP informations , that is your HOSTNAME , FROM ADDRESS and TO ADDRESS to the SMTP client.
- Sample Database and tables for Crystal Reports tutorials
- Step by Step help for creating a simple Crystal Reports in VB.NET
- VB.NET Crystal Reports from multiple tables
- VB.NET Crystal Reports String parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Integer parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Date parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Report Load Dynamically
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Formula Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Summary Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to PDF
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to Excel
- Crystal Reports Without Database
- Crystal Report from SQL Query String
- Dynamic Crystal Reports from SQL Query String
- Crystal Reports from XML File
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports with Link
- How to deploy Crystal Reports on Clinet Machine
- How to create Crystal Reports installer using Merge Modules