VB.NET Crystal Reports Formula Fields
All Crystal Reports programming samples in this tutorials is based on the following database (crystaldb) . Please take a look at the database structure before you start this tutorial - Click here to see Database Structure .
In this tutorial we are adding a Formula Field in existing Crystal Reports .
SITUATIONS :If you have a Crystal Reports with Qty and Price , you need an additional field in your Crystal Reports for the Total of QTY X PRICE . In this situation you have to use the |BLBS^ |Formula Field|BLBE^ | in Crystal Reports.
In this tutorial we are showing the all orders with qty and price and the total of each row , that means each in each row we are showing the total of qty and price. Before starting this tutorial.Create a new Crystal Reports with fields CustomerName , Order Date , Product Name and Product Price . If you do not know how to create this report , just look the previous tutorial |HREF^Crystal Report from multiple tables| . In that report selecting only four fields , here we need one more field Prodcut->Price .
After you create the Crystal Reports you screen is look like the following picture :
Next is to create the a Formula Field for showing the total of Qty and Price .
Right Click Formula Field in the Field Explorer and click New. Then you will get an Input Message Box , type Total in textbox and click Use Editor.Now you can see Formula Editor screen . Now you can enter which formula you want . Here we want the result of Qty X Price . For that we select OrderDetails.Qty , the multiplication operator and Product.Price . Double click each field for selection.
Now you can see Total Under the Formula Field . Drag the field in to the Crystal Reports where ever you want.Now the designing part is over . Select the default form (Form1.vb) you created in VB.NET and drag a button and CrystalReportViewer control to your form.
Select Form's source code view and import the following :
Put the following source code in the button click event
Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared Public Class Form1 Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim cryRpt As New ReportDocument cryRpt.Load("PUT CRYSTAL REPORT PATH HERE\CrystalReport1.rpt") CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = cryRpt CrystalReportViewer1.Refresh() End Sub End Class
cryRpt.Load("PUT CRYSTAL REPORT PATH HERE\CrystalReport1.rpt")
The Crystal Report is in your project location, there you can see CrystalReport1.rpt . So give the full path name of report here.
When you run this program you will get the following screen.
- Sample Database and tables for Crystal Reports tutorials
- Step by Step help for creating a simple Crystal Reports in VB.NET
- VB.NET Crystal Reports from multiple tables
- VB.NET Crystal Reports String parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Integer parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Date parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Report Load Dynamically
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Summary Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to PDF
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to Excel
- Email a Crystal Reports from VB.NET
- Crystal Reports Without Database
- Crystal Report from SQL Query String
- Dynamic Crystal Reports from SQL Query String
- Crystal Reports from XML File
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports with Link
- How to deploy Crystal Reports on Clinet Machine
- How to create Crystal Reports installer using Merge Modules