VB.NET Crystal Reports Integer parameter
All Crystal Reports programming samples in this tutorials is based on the following database (crystaldb) . Please take a look at the database structure before you start this tutorial - Click here to see Database Structure .
In this tutorial we are passing an Integer Parameter to Crystal Reports from VB.NET.
In the previous tutorial , we saw passing a string parameter to Crystal Reports from VB.NET and get the result. This is very similar to that tutorial , so here showing only the change information part only. So please take a look at the complete part of passing a string parameter to Crystal Reports from VB.NET.
When we pass an Integer parameter , we have to create a new Integer parameter in the Parameter Fields of Field Explorer. Then we will get the following screen and fill the fields like in the picture .
After creating the parameter field , we have to create the selection formula for the Crystal Reports . For creating selection formula , Right click on Crystal Reports designer window , select REPORT -> SELECTION FORMULA -> RECORD .
Then you can see the record Selection Formula Editor. This for entering the selection formula. For that you have to select the fields from above lists and make the formula .
Here we made the formula like select the records from Product table whose value is greater than the input value. For that first we select the table field that is Product_price from Product table and then we select the comparison operator and finally we select our Parameter we created earlier. Double click each field then it will automatically selected
After the creation of selection formula close that screen .
Now the designing part is over and the next step is to call the created Crystal Reports in VB.NET through Crystal Reports Viewer control .
Select the default form (Form1.vb) you created in VB.NET and drag a Textbox , button and CrystalReportViewer control to your form.
Select Form's source code view and import the following :
- Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
- Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared
Put the following source code in the button click event
cryRpt.Load("PUT CRYSTAL REPORT PATH HERE\CrystalReport1.rpt")
The Crystal Report is in your project location, there you can see CrystalReport1.rpt . So give the full path name of report here.
Now you can run the program . Enter any price , then you can see the report of the Product list whose price is greater than or equal to the entered price.
Here we got the result of Product list whose price is grater than 50.
- Sample Database and tables for Crystal Reports tutorials
- Step by Step help for creating a simple Crystal Reports in VB.NET
- VB.NET Crystal Reports from multiple tables
- VB.NET Crystal Reports String parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Date parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Report Load Dynamically
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Formula Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Summary Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to PDF
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to Excel
- Email a Crystal Reports from VB.NET
- Crystal Reports Without Database
- Crystal Report from SQL Query String
- Dynamic Crystal Reports from SQL Query String
- Crystal Reports from XML File
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports with Link
- How to deploy Crystal Reports on Clinet Machine
- How to create Crystal Reports installer using Merge Modules