VB.NET Crystal Reports String parameter
All Crystal Reports programming samples in this tutorials is based on the following database (crystaldb) . Please take a look at the database structure before you start this tutorial - Click here to see Database Structure .
Here we are passing a String parameter from vb.net to Crystal Reports . For that , from vb.net program we pass a customer name as parameter and show all the order of that customer to the Crystal Reports.
In the previous tutorial we saw how to generate a Crystal Reports from multiple tables. Here is the continuation of that tutorial , the only different is that we are passing a Customer Name as a String parameter and get the report of that particular Customer only . Before starting to this tutorial just take a look at the previous tutorial ( Crystal Report from multiple tables ).
In the previous section we are getting the report of all orders from all customers , that is the all order placed by all customers , here is only one customer.
Hope you went through previous tutorial , if not click here ( Crystal Report from multiple tables ).
Next step is to create a string parameter in Crystal report.
Select the Field Explorer from CrystalReport Menu.
Then you can see Field Explorer in the Left hand side.
Select Parameter Field from Field Explorer and right Click.
Fill the appropriate name for Name and Promting text fields
After creating the parameter field , we have to create the selection formula for the Crystal Reports .
For creating selection formula , Right click on Crystal Reports designer window , select REPORT -> SELECTION FORMULA -> RECORD .
Then you can see the record Selection Formula Editor. This for entering the selection formula. For that you have to select the fields from above fields and make the formula .
First you have to select OrderMaster.OrderMaster_customername from Report Field and select the comparison operator and select the parameter field. Double click each field then it will be selected.
Form the following picture you can understand the selection fields.
After the creation of selection formula close that screen .
Now the designing part is over and the next step is to call the created Crystal Reports in VB.NET through Crystal Reports Viewer control .
Select the default form (Form1.vb) you created in VB.NET and drag a Textbox , button and CrystalReportViewer control to your form.
Select Form's source code view and import the following :
Put the following source code in the button click event
cryRpt.Load("PUT CRYSTAL REPORT PATH HERE\CrystalReport1.rpt")
The Crystal Report is in your project location, there you can see CrystalReport1.rpt . So give the full path name of report here.
Now you can run the program . Enter a Customer Name(enter any existing customer from Ordermaster table) and click the button , then your report is look like the following picture.
Here we get the result of the Customer4's order details.
- Sample Database and tables for Crystal Reports tutorials
- Step by Step help for creating a simple Crystal Reports in VB.NET
- VB.NET Crystal Reports from multiple tables
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Integer parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Date parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Report Load Dynamically
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Formula Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Summary Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to PDF
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to Excel
- Email a Crystal Reports from VB.NET
- Crystal Reports Without Database
- Crystal Report from SQL Query String
- Dynamic Crystal Reports from SQL Query String
- Crystal Reports from XML File
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports with Link
- How to deploy Crystal Reports on Clinet Machine
- How to create Crystal Reports installer using Merge Modules