Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports with Link
In the previous section Subreport in Crystal Report is described how to insert a subreport in Crystal Reports . In that case the subreport is embedded within the main Crystal Reports. Here we are creating a subreport , and the subreport has only a link in the main Report , on-demand subreports . That is when the user click the link , then only the subreport display.
Here we are using our previous example Subreport in Crystal Report and make a link in the min Crystal Reports for on-demand subreport.
Select the subreport object in the Crystal Reports and right click , then select Format Object .
Then you will get Format Editor . Select Subreport tab from Format Editor , you can find there a check box On-demand Subreport . You have to select that check box , then the subreport become as a link in your main Crystal Reports. If you want to change the title , you can change it in subreport name textbox. Finally click OK button.
Now the designing part is over and you are ready to generate subreport on-demand. Next step is to select the default form(Form1.vb) and add a Button and Crystal Report Viewer to the Form.
Put the following vb.net source code in your form and run the program .
- Sample Database and tables for Crystal Reports tutorials
- Step by Step help for creating a simple Crystal Reports in VB.NET
- VB.NET Crystal Reports from multiple tables
- VB.NET Crystal Reports String parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Integer parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Date parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Report Load Dynamically
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Formula Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Summary Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to PDF
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to Excel
- Email a Crystal Reports from VB.NET
- Crystal Reports Without Database
- Crystal Report from SQL Query String
- Dynamic Crystal Reports from SQL Query String
- Crystal Reports from XML File
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports
- How to deploy Crystal Reports on Clinet Machine
- How to create Crystal Reports installer using Merge Modules