VB.NET Crystal Reports Summary Fields
All Crystal Reports programming samples in this tutorials is based on the following database (crystaldb) . Please take a look at the database structure before you start this tutorial - Click here to see Database Structure .
In this tutorial we are taking the sum of field value of Total . This is the continuation of the previous tutorial Crystal Report Formula Field . So before we start this tutorial , take a look at the previous tutorial Crystal Report Formula Field.
Here we are taking the grand total of the Total field . The Total field is a Formula field is the result of qty X price .
In the Crystal Reports designer view right click on the Report Footer , just below the Total field and select Insert -> Summary .
Then you will get a screen , select the Total from the combo box and Sum from next Combo Box , and summary location Grand Total (Report Footer) . Click Ok button
Now you can see @Total is just below the Total field in the report Footer.
Now the designing part is over . Select the default form (Form1.vb) you created in VB.NET and drag a button and CrystalReportViewer control to your form.
Select Form's source code view and import the following :
Put the following source code in the button click event
cryRpt.Load("PUT CRYSTAL REPORT PATH HERE\CrystalReport1.rpt")
The Crystal Report is in your project location, there you can see CrystalReport1.rpt . So give the full path name of report here.
When you run this program you will get the following screen.
- Sample Database and tables for Crystal Reports tutorials
- Step by Step help for creating a simple Crystal Reports in VB.NET
- VB.NET Crystal Reports from multiple tables
- VB.NET Crystal Reports String parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Integer parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Date parameter
- VB.NET Crystal Report Load Dynamically
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Formula Fields
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to PDF
- VB.NET Crystal Reports Export to Excel
- Email a Crystal Reports from VB.NET
- Crystal Reports Without Database
- Crystal Report from SQL Query String
- Dynamic Crystal Reports from SQL Query String
- Crystal Reports from XML File
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports
- Create a Subreport in Crystal Reports with Link
- How to deploy Crystal Reports on Clinet Machine
- How to create Crystal Reports installer using Merge Modules