What is ADO.NET Dataset
The ADO.NET DataSet contains DataTableCollection and their DataRelationCollection . It represents a collection of data retrieved from the Data Source. We can use Dataset in combination with DataAdapter class. The DataSet object offers a disconnected data source architecture. The Dataset can work with the data it contain, without knowing the source of the data coming from. That is , the Dataset can work with a disconnected mode from its Data Source . It gives a better advantage over DataReader , because the DataReader is working only with the connection oriented Data Sources.
The Dataset contains the copy of the data we requested. The Dataset contains more than one Table at a time. We can set up Data Relations between these tables within the DataSet. The data set may comprise data for one or more members, corresponding to the number of rows.
The DataAdapter object allows us to populate DataTables in a DataSet. We can use Fill method of the DataAdapter for populating data in a Dataset. The DataSet can be filled either from a data source or dynamically. A DataSet can be saved to an XML file and then loaded back into memory very easily. The following links shows more information of Dataset in details.
- How to Dataset with Sql Server
- How to Dataset with OLEDB Data Source
- Search Tables in a Dataset Sql Server
- Search Tables in a Dataset OLEDB Data Source
- Dataset table row count in SQL Server
- Dataset table row count - OLEDB Data Source
- How to find column definition - Sql Server
- How to find column definition - OLEDB Data Source
- How to create DataSet without Databse
- How to multiple tables in Dataset - Sql Server
- How to multiple tables in Dataset - OLEDB Data Source
- How to add relations between tables in a Dataset
- How to merge tables in a Dataset - Sql Server
- How to merge tables in a Dataset - OLEDB Data Source
- How to populate a combo box from a dataset in VB.Net , binding combobox with enum values , binding combobox with dictionary values
- how many tables exist in a database - VB.NET