How to find column definition - Sql Server
Dataset represents a collection of data retrieved from the Data Source. The Dataset can work with the data it contains, without knowing the source of the data coming from. The SqlDataAdapter object allows us to populate DataTable in a DataSet. We can use Fill method in the SqlDataAdapter for populating data in a Dataset. The Dataset can contains more than one Table at a time. The data inside Table is in the form of Rows and Columns .
In some situations we have to find the column headers in a DataTable. There is a ColumnsCollection object in the Datatable hold the column Definitions.
connetionString = "Data Source=ServerName;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User ID=UserName;Password=Password"
sql = "Your SQL Statement Here"
You have to replace the string with your real time variables.
- What is ADO.NET Dataset
- How to Dataset with Sql Server
- How to Dataset with OLEDB Data Source
- Search Tables in a Dataset Sql Server
- Search Tables in a Dataset OLEDB Data Source
- Dataset table row count in SQL Server
- Dataset table row count - OLEDB Data Source
- How to find column definition - OLEDB Data Source
- How to create DataSet without Databse
- How to multiple tables in Dataset - Sql Server
- How to multiple tables in Dataset - OLEDB Data Source
- How to add relations between tables in a Dataset
- How to merge tables in a Dataset - Sql Server
- How to merge tables in a Dataset - OLEDB Data Source
- How to populate a combo box from a dataset in VB.Net , binding combobox with enum values , binding combobox with dictionary values
- how many tables exist in a database - VB.NET