How to merge tables in a Dataset - Sql Server
The DataSet contains copy of the data we requested through the SQL statement. The SqlDataAdapter object allows us to populate DataTable in a DataSet. We can use Fill method in the SqlDataAdapter for populating data in a Dataset. We can populate Dataset with more than one table at a time using SqlDataAdapter Object. The DataTableCollection contains zero or more DataTable objects.
In some situation we want to combine the result of multiple SQL query as a single result set. In that case we can use the Dataset's Merge method for doing this. The tables involved in the merge should be identical, that is the columns are similar data types .
connetionString = "Data Source=ServerName;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User ID=UserName;Password=Password"
firstSql = "Your First SQL Statement Here"
secondSql = "Your Second SQL Statement Here"
You have to replace the string with your real time variables.
- What is ADO.NET Dataset
- How to Dataset with Sql Server
- How to Dataset with OLEDB Data Source
- Search Tables in a Dataset Sql Server
- Search Tables in a Dataset OLEDB Data Source
- Dataset table row count in SQL Server
- Dataset table row count - OLEDB Data Source
- How to find column definition - Sql Server
- How to find column definition - OLEDB Data Source
- How to create DataSet without Databse
- How to multiple tables in Dataset - Sql Server
- How to multiple tables in Dataset - OLEDB Data Source
- How to add relations between tables in a Dataset
- How to merge tables in a Dataset - OLEDB Data Source
- How to populate a combo box from a dataset in VB.Net
- how many tables exist in a database - VB.NET