Open and Edit Cells in an Excel file in VB.NET
The following sections you can find how to open and edit an Excel worksheet through VB.NET . For open or edit an Excel worksheet in VB.NET , you have to add the Microsoft Excel 12.0 Object Library in you project.
From the following pictures to show how to add Excel reference library in your project.
1. Create a new project and add a button to the Form.
Now you can start coding to open or read from Excel file and edit cells.
In the code , Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel - we assign the excel reference to a vatriable Excel.
When you execute this program , the program open the file c:\test1.xlsx and edit the content in the cell B2, it replace the old content to "http://vb.net-informations.com" . Before running this program you have to create an excel file name test1.xlsx and add some data in the cell B2.
- How to create an Excel file in VB.NET
- How to read an Excel file using VB.Net
- Add new worksheet in Excel file - VB.Net
- Delete worksheet from an excel file - VB.Net
- How to Format Excel Page in VB.NET
- How to insert a Picture in Excel through programing on VB.NET
- How to insert a background Picture in Excel through VB.NET
- How to create a Chart in Excel in VB.NET
- How to export a Chart in Excel as Picture file from VB.NET
- How to Excel Chart in VB.NET Picture Box
- How to Excel DataBar in VB.NET
- How to Excel Data Validation Input Message
- Read and Import Excel File into DataSet or DataTable in vb.net
- How to insert cell data in an Excel file using OLEDB
- How to update cell data in an Excel file using OLEDB
- How to export from database to excel
- How to export from DataGridView to excel