Open and Edit Cells in an Excel file in VB.NET
The following sections you can find how to open and edit an Excel worksheet through VB.NET . For open or edit an Excel worksheet in VB.NET , you have to add the Microsoft Excel 12.0 Object Library in you project.
From the following pictures to show how to add Excel reference library in your project.
1. Create a new project and add a button to the Form.
Select reference dialouge from Project menu
Select Microsoft Excel 12.0 Object Library and click OK button
Now you can start coding to open or read from Excel file and edit cells.
In the code , Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel - we assign the excel reference to a vatriable Excel.
When you execute this program , the program open the file c:\test1.xlsx and edit the content in the cell B2, it replace the old content to "http://vb.net-informations.com" . Before running this program you have to create an excel file name test1.xlsx and add some data in the cell B2.
- How to create an Excel 2007 file in VB.NET
- How to read entire worksheet in an Excel workbook
- How to Format Excel Page in VB.NET
- How to insert a Picture in Excel through programing on VB.NET
- How to insert a background Picture in Excel through VB.NET
- How to create a Chart in Excel in VB.NET
- How to export a Chart in Excel as Picture file from VB.NET
- How to Excel Chart in VB.NET Picture Box
- How to Excel DataBar in VB.NET
- How to Excel Data Validation Input Message
- How to read data from excel using OLEDB
- How to insert cell data in an Excel file using OLEDB
- How to update cell data in an Excel file using OLEDB
- How to export from database to excel
- How to export from DataGridView to excel