Read Excel Sheet Data into DataTable or Dataset
Without using Excel Object we can insert , edit , delete , select etc. in cell content of an Excel file using OLEDB in VB.NET . Here we are using OleDbConnection , OleDbDataAdapter , DataSet for doing these operations in an Excel file. You have to import System.Data in the project for doing these operations . For read the content from Excel file using ado.net , We can use the SELECT command like in SQL Operations.
Import Excel to DataTable
sample Select sql
Here is the sample Excel file.
Open the connection using OLEDB Provider
Specify which data you want to read
Here is the screen short after reading from Excel file.
Fastest way to read an Excel Sheet into a DataTable
When you execute this program you will get the contents in the excel file to the DataGrid.
- How to create an Excel file in VB.NET
- How to open or read an existing Excel file in VB.NET
- How to read an Excel file using VB.Net
- Add new worksheet in Excel file - VB.Net
- Delete worksheet from an excel file - VB.Net
- How to Format Excel Page in VB.NET
- How to insert a Picture in Excel through programing on VB.NET
- How to insert a background Picture in Excel through VB.NET
- How to create a Chart in Excel in VB.NET
- How to export a Chart in Excel as Picture file from VB.NET
- How to Excel Chart in VB.NET Picture Box
- How to Excel DataBar in VB.NET
- How to Excel Data Validation Input Message
- How to insert cell data in an Excel file using OLEDB
- How to update cell data in an Excel file using OLEDB
- How to export from database to excel
- How to export from DataGridView to excel