.Net Assembly Contents
A .NET static assembly can consist of following elements:
a) Assembly Manifest - The Metadata that describes the assembly and its contents
b) Type Metadata - Defines all types, their properties and methods.
c) MSIL - Microsoft intermediate language
d) A set of Resources - All other resources like icons, images etc.
Only the assembly manifest is required, but either types or resources are needed to give the assembly in any meaningful functionality.
- What is Microsoft .Net Framework
- what are the functions of microsoft .net framework?
- Common Language Runtime in .Net Framework
- How to Common Language Runtime
- What is .Net Framework Class Library
- What is Common Language Specification
- What is Common Type System
- What is Microsoft Intermediate Language
- What is Portable Executable (PE) File Format
- What is Microsoft Just In Time Compiler
- How to Managed Code - Microsoft .Net Framework
- What is .Net Framework Metadata
- what is .Net Framework Assembly
- What is Assembly Manifest
- What is Global Assembly Cache
- What is a .Net Satellite Assembly?
- How to Private Assembly and Shared Assembly
- What is Microsoft .Net Strong Name
- What is .Net Namespaces
- What is Application Domain
- What is Code Access Security
- What is Garbage Collection
- .Net Threads