How to Common Language Runtime
The Common Language Runtime (CLR) is an Execution Environment . It works as a layer between Operating Systems and the applications written in .Net languages that conforms to the Common Language Specification (CLS). The main function of Common Language Runtime (CLR) is to convert the Managed Code into native code and then execute the Program. The Managed Code compiled only when it needed, that is it converts the appropriate instructions when each function is called . The Common Language Runtime (CLR) 's Just In Time (JIT) compilation converts Intermediate Language (MSIL) to native code on demand at application run time.
During the execution of the program ,the Common Language Runtime (CLR) manages memory, Thread execution, Garbage Collection (GC) , Exception Handling, Common Type System (CTS), code safety verifications, and other system services. The CLR ( Common Language Runtime ) defines the Common Type System (CTS), which is a standard type system used by all .Net languages . That means all .NET programming languages uses the same representation for common Data Types , so Common Language Runtime (CLR) is a language-independent runtime environment . The Common Language Runtime (CLR) environment is also referred to as a managed environment, because during the execution of a program it also controls the interaction with the Operating System. In the coming section you can see what are the main functions of Common Language Runtime (CLR).
- What is Microsoft .Net Framework
- what are the functions of microsoft .net framework?
- How to Common Language Runtime
- What is .Net Framework Class Library
- What is Common Language Specification
- What is Common Type System
- What is Microsoft Intermediate Language
- What is Portable Executable (PE) File Format
- What is Microsoft Just In Time Compiler
- How to Managed Code - Microsoft .Net Framework
- What is .Net Framework Metadata
- what is .Net Framework Assembly
- What is Assembly Manifest
- What is Global Assembly Cache
- What is a .Net Satellite Assembly?
- What are the contents of an Assembly?
- How to Private Assembly and Shared Assembly
- What is Microsoft .Net Strong Name
- What is .Net Namespaces
- What is Application Domain
- What is Code Access Security
- What is Garbage Collection
- .Net Threads