Common Language Specification - CLS
Common Language Specification (CLS) is a set of basic language features that .Net Languages needed to develop Applications and Services , which are compatible with the .Net Framework. When there is a situation to communicate Objects written in different .Net Complaint languages , those objects must expose the features that are common to all the languages . Common Language Specification (CLS) ensures complete interoperability among applications, regardless of the language used to create the application.
Common Language Specification (CLS) defines a subset of Common Type System (CTS) . Common Type System (CTS) describes a set of types that can use different .Net languages have in common , which ensure that objects written in different languages can interact with each other. Most of the members defined by types in the .NET Framework Class Library (FCL) are Common Language Specification (CLS) compliant Types. Moreover Common Language Specification (CLS) standardized by ECMA .
- What is Microsoft .Net Framework
- what are the functions of microsoft .net framework?
- Common Language Runtime in .Net Framework
- How to Common Language Runtime
- What is .Net Framework Class Library
- What is Common Type System
- What is Microsoft Intermediate Language
- What is Portable Executable (PE) File Format
- What is Microsoft Just In Time Compiler
- How to Managed Code - Microsoft .Net Framework
- What is .Net Framework Metadata
- what is .Net Framework Assembly
- What is Assembly Manifest
- What is Global Assembly Cache
- What is a .Net Satellite Assembly?
- What are the contents of an Assembly?
- How to Private Assembly and Shared Assembly
- What is Microsoft .Net Strong Name
- What is .Net Namespaces
- What is Application Domain
- What is Code Access Security
- What is Garbage Collection
- .Net Threads