What is Microsoft .Net Framework
The Microsoft .Net Framework is a platform that provides tools and technologies you need to build Networked Applications as well as Distributed Web Services and Web Applications. The .Net Framework provides the necessary compile time and run-time foundation to build and run any language that conforms to the Common Language Specification (CLS).The main two components of .Net Framework are Common Language Runtime (CLR) and .Net Framework Class Library (FCL).
The Common Language Runtime (CLR) is the runtime environment of the .Net Framework , that executes and manages all running code like a Virtual Machine. The .Net Framework Class Library (FCL) is a huge collection of language-independent and type-safe reusable classes. The .Net Framework Class Libraries (FCL) are arranged into a logical grouping according to their functionality and usability is called Namespaces. The following lessosns describes how to .Net Framework manages the code in compile time and run time .
Microsoft .NET Framework Versions, Year and Download Links
.NET Framework 1.0 (2002-02-13) Download
.NET Framework 1.1 (2003-04-24) Download
.NET Framework 2.0 (2005-11-07) Download
.NET Framework 3.0 (2006-11-06) Download
.NET Framework 3.5 (2007-11-19) Download
.NET Framework 4.0 (2010-04-12) Download
.NET Framework 4.5 (2012-08-15) Download
- what are the functions of microsoft .net framework?
- Common Language Runtime in .Net Framework
- How to Common Language Runtime
- What is .Net Framework Class Library
- What is Common Language Specification
- What is Common Type System
- What is Microsoft Intermediate Language
- What is Portable Executable (PE) File Format
- What is Microsoft Just In Time Compiler
- How to Managed Code - Microsoft .Net Framework
- What is .Net Framework Metadata
- what is .Net Framework Assembly
- What is Assembly Manifest
- What is Global Assembly Cache
- What is a .Net Satellite Assembly?
- What are the contents of an Assembly?
- How to Private Assembly and Shared Assembly
- What is Microsoft .Net Strong Name
- What is .Net Namespaces
- What is Application Domain
- What is Code Access Security
- What is Garbage Collection
- .Net Threads