How to use FOR EACH loop in VB.NET
Whenever you face a situation in programming to repeat a task for several times (more than one times ) or you have to repeat a task till you reach a condition, in these situations you can use loop statements to achieve your desired results.
FOR NEXT Loop, FOR EACH Loop , WHILE Loop and DO WHILE Loop are the Commonly used loops in Visual Basic.NET( VB.NET ).
For Each Loop
FOR EACH Loop usually using when you are in a situation to execute every single element or item in a group (like every single element in an Array, or every single files in a folder or , every character in a String ) , in these type of situation you can use For Each loop.
- Item : The Item in the group.
- Group : The group containing items.
- LoopBody : The code you want to execute within For Each Loop.
Let's take a real time example , if you want to display the each character in the website name "HTTP://NET-INFORMATIONS.COM" , it is convenient to use For Each Loop.
- Line 1: Assigning the site name in a variable.
- Line 2: This line is extracting the single item from the group.
- Line 3: Loop body.
- Line 4: Taking the next step.
When you execute this program you will get each character of the string in Messagebox.