How to insert data from xml to database
XML is a general purpose tag based language and very easy to transfer and store data across applications. The .Net technology is widely supported XML file format. The .Net Framework provides the Classes for read, write, and other operations in XML formatted files . Moreover the Dataset in ADO.NET uses XML format as its internal storage format.
Here we are going to insert the values of an XML file to a Database Table using SQL insert command. Here the Dataset using an XmlReader for read the content of the XML file - Product.XML . Locate the XML file using XmlReader and pass the XmlReader as argument of Dataset. Also establish a connection to the Database using a connectionstring . After getting the data from XML file to the Dataset , we can loop through the dataset values and use insert command to add the values to the Product table in the Databse.
You have to pass necessary database connection information to connection string.
Click here to download the input file product.xml
- How to XML in VB.NET
- How to create an XML file in VB.NET
- How to open and read XML file in VB.NET , XmlReader in VB.Net , XmlTextReader in VB.Net
- How to create an XML file in VB.NET using Dataset
- How to open and read an XML file in VB.NET using Dataset
- How to create an XML file from SQL in VB.NET
- How to search in an XML file
- How to filter data in an XML file
- How to create an Excel file from XML
- How to create an XML file from Excel
- How to xml to DataGridView
- How to create a TreevView from XML
- How to create Crystal Reports from XML
- How to serialization in xml
- How to serialize a .Net Object to XML
- How to de-serialize from an XML file to .Net Object